Friday, June 10, 2011

Broadband!

Saludos!  It's been a while, so I have a few quick updates.

First: I finally have a broadband card, so I can get to the Internet from my site!  There's still some complications with the account, but I should be able to post more frequently now.

Second: School has ended, but there are a few kids staying around for extra help, so my work hasn't really changed.  The smaller group of kids is a lot more manageable, so class is quieter and less chaotic.

Third: They're paving the road!  This is huge...dirt roads turn into mud roads in the rainy season.  We have lots of dirt and lots of rain, so we end up with lots and lots of mud.  But now, with the luxury of cement, walking to school won't mean wading through mud!

So far, there's only a curb, but it's a beautiful little curb!

No comments:

Post a Comment